Would you like to play a crucial role in helping us drive and deliver Europe's most established and popular educational motorsport competition?
Would you like to join more than 250 passionate volunteers, who help us put on a student engineering challenge that inspires and develops more than 3,000 enthusiastic and talented students from all over the world every year?
If your answer is yes, then you should consider becoming a Formula Student volunteer.
You will need to:
- Be happy to work with small diverse group of others with similar aims
- Be able to ask questions and be questioned by students
- Have a basic understanding of the student competition
- Specialist knowledge of Formula Student or relevant technology is vital for certain roles
Meet Formula Student volunteers
Michael and Suzanne have officiated at over 70 FSAE, Formula Student and Formula Hybrid competitions in the UK, USA, Italy and Australia.
Applications for volunteers and judges are open until 28 February 2017. Simply complete the short questionnaire and let us know your availability and we will be in touch shortly after the closing date.
Visit the survey page to submit your application.
What you will do
We have a wide variety of roles available and each one requires different skills and experience. Volunteers can help with:
How you will benefit
You will have an opportunity to:
- Give back to the engineering community and help develop the next generation of professional engineers
- Meet with like-minded engineers
Formula Student is the best educational engineering challenge. Assessment of the car at the competition enables them to fully understand the strengths and weaknesses of their creation. This is excellent preparation for working in the industry.
Chairman, Formula Student
How much time it will take
The Formula Student final takes place over four days (Thursday-Sunday) each July. Formula Student 2017 will take place on 20-23 July 2017 and applications for volunteering will be open until 28 February 2017.