If you are serving in the Armed Forces or MoD DE&S (or have left the Service within the last 12 months), you may be able to use our simplified route to Professional Registration as a Chartered Engineer (CEng), Incorporated Engineer (IEng) or Engineering Technician (Eng Tech).
When you join us, you’ll receive:
- Professional recognition and development
- Personal development courses
- Access to a full-time, dedicated Defence Liaison Officer (DLO) to provide guidance and advice
- Support and guidance when returning to civilian life
- Support with personal development during and after your military service, including training courses and free or discounted technical publications
- Networking opportunities at engineering events
- Acknowledgement of your existing qualifications and experience
See a full list of benefits for members.
Members and Fellows in the Armed Forces are now able to apply to get their professional registration fees reimbursed. Further information can be accessed through the Defence Information Infrastructure (DII), your unit administrative office or the Institution’s Defence Liaison Officer, Jill Dwyer. Please refer to the Defence Instruction Notice (DIN) 2016DIN07-061 for further details.
For detailed information on how to apply, follow the link that applies to you.
I am a member of the Royal Air Force
I am a member of the Royal Navy
I am a member of the Corps of the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers (REME)
I am a member of the Ministry of Defence (MoD)
If you're an experienced engineer that has served in the defence sector and are looking to deploy your skills-set to another industry, there are plenty of job opportunities to explore on the Talent Retention Solution (TRS) website.
TRS can put you in direct contact with companies searching for new employees with specific skills that you may hold. If you are in the job market, either because of redundancy or another reason, the on-line system provides a user-friendly way of marketing yourself directly to prospective employers.