Our most popular training programme, we have specifically designed to support engineers in transitioning from Technical Experts to their first line management role.
We provide a comprehensive toolbox to build the skillset of leaders and managers that will enable delegates to understand the theory and appreciate their application in every day working life as a manager.
This interactive and intensive course will become the foundation of your future career in Management. It provides practical solutions to the common problems that face New Managers such as how to motivate, build a successful team and maintain performance. It shows how to set team goals and ensure team alignment to achieve those goals.
As part of the programme, you have the opportunity to undertake IMechE’s Engineer360 to help you get personal feedback on your performance.
This module is available to support delegates working towards the CMI Level 3 Certificate in First Line Management.
Who should attend?
We have designed this programme for new line managers or those aspiring to their first management role.
How will I benefit?
After the course you will be able to:
• Set, monitor and achieve SMART goals for yourself and your team.
• Motivate all the members of your team to work towards the team goals.
• Build an effective and high-performing team.
• Delegate appropriately and effectively.
• Use performance management to get the best out of everyone.
• Take appropriate steps to deal with poor performance.