According to Indeed’s latest survey, 58% of us are willing to take a pay cut in order to completely change industries. 49% of people said they’ve made a dramatic career shift, from marketing to engineering, or from teaching to finance.
This highlights the current situation for many. People are re-evaluating their careers and, in some cases, making completely different choices to those they imagined a few short years ago.
With widespread redundancies globally, the career market is in flux, and if you find yourself in a position of uncertainty, or feel that a career change might be imminent, IMechE’s transitions-focused coaching could provide you with tangible benefits:
- Develop a robust job-search strategy to support you in reducing the time required to find your ideal position.
- Discover how to articulate what value you bring to an organisation and learn how to pitch yourself more effectively at interviews.
- Gain more clarity around what you are looking for in terms of position and type of organisation and alignment of values.
- Uncover your competitive advantage by working with your coach to elicit a clear vision with tangible, actionable steps to help you progress into your ideal job.
- Some experts say that 70 percent of people ended up in their current position as a result of targeted networking. Get tips which drive accountability to improve your networking skills by incorporating a clear strategy into your coaching sessions.
- Receive feedback from our experts as you review opportunities, existing contacts, develop new contacts and discuss how to prioritise your time and efforts to yield the best results.
To aid this process, we use skills and values assessments, and a thorough intake form and in depth-discussions, all designed to bring out your best.
Career transitions coaching will help you to move forwards with renewed vigour, enthusiasm and confidence. Your coach can help you to see yourself and any current opportunities from a new perspective, increase self-awareness, prepare you for the future of work and get you market ready and excited about what your next move holds.