A specialist engineering and business trainer and experienced coach. Chartered Engineer, Fellow and Chair of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers Scottish Region with more than 25 years’ experience in engineering, manufacturing and maintenance management roles. After studying mechanical engineering and industrial design, and working internationally, he now manages an engineering business delivering projects, training and coaching.
After 20 years of working in various engineering industries and organisations around the world, he founded an engineering consultancy 5 years ago which manages engineering projects and delivers training and coaching to industry professionals. Qualified as an Assessor L&D level 9, he also teaches apprentices in HNC in engineering and loves to help people develop their skills and discover their passion.
The key to successful coaching is a relationship built on open communication and a systematic process to map out your steps to success. After clearly defining what you want to achieve, you will work together to uncover what is working well and not so well and map your outcomes. Through listening and questioning, Matthew will challenge you to grow and develop. We all have different strengths. Matthew is concerned with helping you build on them so you can succeed, learn to resolve problems and cope with everyday challenges.
What to expect
A real life, down to earth discussion which challenges you to reflect and develop solutions, strengths and skills. While Matthew may share his experiences and knowledge, his focus is for you to discover your own passion, unlock your potential and maximise performance.
- Clearly defined goals
- Develop strengths for real-life application
- Question and challenge yourself
- Accountability for your development
- Relaxed, open and fun environment
Engineering manager · Project management · Training · Consulting · Coaching · Small business director
Encouraging, challenging, questioning, creative, inspiring.
Real life · Innovation · Career development · Leadership · Inspiration · Business
Qualifications and memberships
- Chair of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers Scottish Region Committee
- CEng FIMechE - Chartered Engineer and Fellow of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- Post Graduate Certificate of Business Administration – Murdoch University, Western Australia
- BEng in Mechanical Engineering – Monash University, Melbourne
- BTech in Technology (Industrial Design) – Monash University, Melbourne