We have designed this programme for you to learn new tools and techniques to negotiate in a variety of internal and external scenarios.
We all negotiate as part of everyday life – whether on the price of a car, a pay rise or an extension to a deadline.
In order to adapt to any situation you need a range of tools and techniques so you can flex your style. The key to any negotiation is to avoid selling, and to ensure that all parties are in agreement when the negotiation concludes.
The course provides an opportunity for delegates to practise the new skills and receive feedback on their negotiation style and preferences. We use engineering case studies in one-to-one and group based negotiation scenarios in order to increase the relevance to course participants.
Delegates will leave the programme with a renewed confidence in seeking win-win outcomes in all negotiations.
Who should attend?
This programme is suitable for engineers and non-engineers at all levels.
How will I benefit?
After the course you will be able to:
• Define the goals of your negotiation.
• Plan and prepare for the delivery of a successful negotiation.
• Understand the need for developing Best Alternative To a Negotiated Agreement (BATNA).
• Use variables to achieve your goals.
• Understand the importance of a win-win approach for future business.
• Appreciate the human factors in play during negotiation.
• Identify and adapt your "natural" style.
• Recognise common negotiation tactics and how to deal with them.
• Recognise the differences and similarities in planning for Business-to-Business. negotiations and internal negotiations with colleagues.