Our Communication and Influencing workshop is one of our most popular. Participants recognise the value the content provides to every aspect of their professional and personal lives.
The workshop uses as number of well-established models and theories to highlight the knowledge, skills, and behaviours we all need to communicate and influence effectively. It then uses these as a foundation for an interactive, engaging, and inspiring experience for all participants.
Prior to attendance, participants will be asked to complete a few short assignments relevant to the overall learning outcomes. These will be used to support activities during the workshop, to help define progress and to identify where further development might be beneficial.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be invited to complete an action plan that will help with the transfer of learning back to their place of work. They will be also provided with several post workshop exercises that will support them with this critical part of their learner journey.
This is a classroom based course, delivered face to face.
View virtual version
Verified by an engineer, Kieran Collingwood, EngTech MIMechE TMIET
"It’s about mentally giving yourself that push, thinking, ‘yes, I'm going to go and have that conversation now."
Who should attend?
This workshop is suitable for anyone looking to improve their communication and influencing skills.
How will I benefit?
Participants attending the Communication and Influencing workshop will be able to:
- Define what is meant by communication and influencing in relation to workplace responsibilities.
- Show the importance of developing oneself in readiness to be an effective communicator.
- Recognise the barriers to effective communication and how to mitigate them.
- Value difference and learn how to adapt communication preferences to connect with others.
- Understand the science of persuasion and how to use it responsibly.
- Demonstrate how to use influence powers to increase personal effectiveness.