Ministry of Defence

If you’re a civilian engineer working in the Ministry of Defence (MoD) Defence Equipment and Support (DE&S) or have left within in the last 12 months, you can use our simplified route to professional registration as an Incorporated Engineer (IEng) or Chartered Engineer (CEng).

Not yet a member of an institution?

Guidance is available through MoD Industry Liaison staff through the following contact email address: or through the Defence Liaison Officer (details opposite). Guidance is also available through the following link:

Guidance Notes

When you are ready, complete the appropriate Application Form:

MoD CEng Application
MoD IEng Application


Want to transfer your membership to us?

If you’re a CEng or IEng registered with the Engineering Council through one of their approved institutions you can applying to become one of our members through our MoD DE&S Existing Registrant form.

Need some help?

Contact Defence Liaison Officer Jill Dwyer if you have any questions about joining us as a member of the Armed Forces or MoD.