As part of our series of webinars focusing on diversity and inclusion in engineering, join our forthcoming webinar taking place at 12:00 GMT, 5 February 2021 - Futureproofing the Institution: Breaking Stereotypes in Engineering.
All IMechE activities and campaigns should be inclusive and representing the diversity of the membership and the engineering profession.
Ensure that diversity and inclusion sits at the heart of the Institution’s core values and business ethics and encourage fairness, trust and transparency.
- Support a diverse and inclusive profession that inspires, attracts and retains people from different backgrounds, reflecting our increasingly diverse society
- Identify and address any perceived barriers within the Institution
- Tender advice and make recommendations to the Trustee Board concerning the direction and strategy of the Institution in relation to diversity and inclusion
- Develop and support the implementation of the IMechE’s diversity and inclusion programme in line with the Institution’s strategic objectives
- Engage and collaborate with other relevant bodies and PEIs as appropriate to the objectives of the Diversity and Inclusion Committee, and IMechE
- Develop a diversity and inclusion benchmark and gain best practice
- Collaborate with advocates in the area such as disability, gender and ethnicity