About the automobile division
Automobile engineers design, develop and produce vehicles and their constituent parts.
There are three main disciplines within automobile engineering:
- retail vehicles
- mass transportation.
Within these fields, an engineer will usually specialise in a particular working area, including bodywork, engine systems, fuel technology and emissions, electronics and control systems, fluid mechanics and aerodynamics.
What we do
- Facilitate the exchange of information and ideas
- Provide an international focus for technology transfer throughout the automotive industry
- Promote the value of professional engineering as a career
- Develop strong links with kindred associations in the UK, Europe and world-wide
- Represent the interests of the automotive industry as a whole to decision makers within Government
- Achieve wider recognition and understanding of the importance of automotive engineering in terms of its contribution to the economy and society
- Promote the multidisciplinary nature of automotive engineering
- Provide a professional home for all automotive engineers active in the industry.
Automobile division also has 11 regional centres
each with its own regional committee
Find out more: