We’ve partnered with Law Express to give our members access to free legal advice, seven days a week.
Law Express provides advice on all sorts of problems and queries including:
- Employment and the workplace
- Coronavirus-related issues (see factsheets)
- Housing (owner occupied and rented)
- Consumer issues
- Family and relationship difficulties
- Personal injury
- Road traffic accidents and motoring offences
- Small claims court proceedings
- Pensions, tax and welfare benefit
- Neighbour issues
- Criminal law
- Power of attorney, wills, probate and bereavement
How to use the service
All Law Express advisors and call handlers are based in the UK (and cover all UK jurisdictions). When you call Law Express, a call handler will ask you some questions about the nature of your enquiry so that they can match you to the best adviser.
An experienced legal advisor who specialises in the area of law that you need will call you back, usually within the hour.
If you wish to speak to an advisor straight away the call handler will do their best to help you.
A Company Limited by Guarantee (Company No.130981)
Registered Office: 3 Birdcage Walk, London SW1H 9JJ
Registered Charity No. 209465
Call the helpline
Call the Law Express helpline to speak to an advisor. Lines are open from 8am-8pm, Mon-Fri and 9am-12pm, Sat-Sun (GMT). Please tell your advisor that you’re an Institution member – or related to an Institution member.