Older people's care and support
If you’re an older Institution member, we know you need help and advice from time to time. We’re working in partnership with Independent Age to meet that need.
The experienced team at Independent Age are on hand to give you free, personalised advice and information about:
• Care options, including staying in your own home, moving to housing with care, finding and paying for a care home
• Funding by local authorities; interim finance for self-funders; third-party top-ups
• Going into hospital, being in hospital and coming out of hospital; complaints about NHS treatment and care
• Assistance for carers, including financial support available
• Complaints about care at home or in a care home or other care setting
• How to challenge care and support assessment or funding decisions
Visit the Independent Age website
for more details. Its Wise Guide
for general advice is a useful resource.
A Company Limited by Guarantee (Company No.130981)
Registered Office: 3 Birdcage Walk, London SW1H 9JJ
Registered Charity No. 209465