Free enquiry service for members
Whether you want to find a particular fact or statistic, require the latest articles on a specific topic, or need information on a supplier, market or company we can help.
• Fact-finding and literature searches
– articles on a particular engineering subject, searches for technical data or standards, specifications and legislation
• Company information
– manufacturers, suppliers and distributors of a particular product or service, mailings lists for companies or commercial details
• Careers and salary information
– we have access to independent UK surveys, and have put together a range of careers information and resources that can be found in our Careers information
Loans and document supply
Loans – We offer a free postal loan service to members based in the European Union. Please note that members are required to cover the cost of returning the loaned items to us.
Members can renew their books in our online catalogue or by contacting us using the details on this page.
For loan rules, please see guidelines for borrowers.
If a particular item is not in stock, members can request inter-library loans. See our list of library charges.
Articles – copies can be supplied to members and the public. A photocopy copyright declaration form must be completed when ordering copies for non-commercial use. See our photocopies guide for advice on making the declaration. See our library charges or contact us to place an order
Standards – we have a collection of BSI, ISO, API, ASME and other standards, which are available for free postal loan to members. We can also borrow standards from other libraries.
Image service – You can access resources of digitised pictures from our archive collection. Browse by subject area in our Picture gallery.
Model forms: General conditions of contract – are available to buy from the library. Find out more.