About the Manufacturing Industries Division
The Manufacturing Industries Division is one of our largest divisions and groups.
The Division is the natural professional home for our members engaged in manufacturing-based industries, associated consultancy services, education and training at all levels and across the complete value stream, wherever they are based.
- Identify and evaluate new developments and emerging technologies in mechanical engineering with the potential to impact the manufacturing industry
- Provide opportunities to develop professionally through a high-quality, topical, geographically accessible programme of lectures, seminars, workshops and technical visits
- Enable communication, networking and peer support, both nationally and internationally, for mutual benefit
- Represent the views and interests of our members within the Institution, and also on external forums, relevant opinion-forming bodies, influential organisations, government and devolved authorities; thus contributing to the continued development and maintenance of a thriving manufacturing sector in the UK
- Increase the profile of manufacturing industries through the celebration of excellence in manufacturing, design practice and research
- Raise awareness of manufacturing industries among young people, their schools and teachers
- Offer informed direction, appropriate guidance and support to UK universities providing programmes in manufacturing engineering
- Work closely with other Institutions and bodies, at national and regional level in the UK, and abroad, to maximise the impact of our work
- Support the Manufacturing Advisory Service (MAS) which helps UK manufacturers, large and small, to identify sources of manufacturing related support and expertise