About the Fluid Machinery Group
The Fluid Machinery Group (FMG) is responsible for promoting the equipment used in the movement and transportation of fluids, both liquid and gaseous.
Fluid machinery is essential to mankind, being found in all walks of life:
- Pumps for drinking water, feeding power station boilers or moving chemicals around a process plant
- Compressors that transport gases around distribution systems or through process plants or provide air for power tools
- Fans for workplace ventilation, to provide coolant to nuclear reactors or ventilate the Channel Tunnel
- Turbines used to generate motive power from water, wind or any process where fluids have energy to spare.
What we do:
The Group currently has approximately 10,000 members and a Board of experts and aims to serve the wider membership by:
- Organising relevant seminars, workshops and conferences which reflect the interests of our members
- Representing our members' views in responses to government consultation papers and in discussions with other learned societies, both in the UK and overseas
- Representing the fluid machinery industry at meetings of national and international committees on standards and legislation
- Awarding prizes relating to fluid machinery
- Maintaining strong links with other organisations involved in related aspects of fluid machinery.
Find out more: