About the Construction and Building Services Division
Construction and Building Services Division (CBSD) actively supports the interests of the construction and building engineering sector, and the mechanical engineers who work in it.
Who we are
The Division is represented by a Board of 14 members, both academics and industrialists whose expertise covers both building services and construction.
The Board is divided into smaller working groups who work on various initiatives such as:
- Building Regulations Part L
- sustainable refurbishment
- new school builds
- hospital ventilation
- water security in the built environment
and much more.
What we do
The Division supports and provide services to the members by:
- Organising seminars, technical visits, workshops and lectures to promote understanding of good practice in the construction and building sector
- Promoting our views and knowledge to government and others by direct engagement and response to consultations
- Working with universities and colleges to promote the inclusion of relevant material in course.
The Board would like to do more to represent the membership. If you have any suggestions regarding potential events or initiatives that should be covered please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CBSD on social media
The Construction & Building Services Division understands the value of continued communication with our members, which is why we have created our own LinkedIn group.
Members who join the group can participate in discussions with like-minded professionals about the latest industry topics; find out about upcoming events that may be of interest; and give us feedback on what you would like to see from your division.
Join the group today.
Find out more: