About the Aerospace Division
The Aerospace Division is the natural professional home for our members working in the aerospace industry, and associated education, training and consultancy services.
The division covers the multinational players in this global industry, but also the supply chain and support services, and has a growing and active group working within the space sector.
- Identifies and evaluates new developments and emerging technologies in mechanical engineering with the potential to impact the aerospace industry
- Provides opportunities to develop professionally through a high quality, topical, geographically accessible programme of lectures, seminars, workshops and technical visits
- Enables communication, networking and peer support, both nationally and internationally, for mutual benefit
- Represents the views and interests of our members within the Institution, and also on external forums, relevant opinion forming bodies, influential organisations, government and devolved authorities, to contribute to the continued development and maintenance of a thriving aerospace industry
- Raises awareness of aerospace industries amongst young people, their schools and teachers
The Aerospace Division also has two Regional Committees, these are: