The Railway Challenge provides the real-life experience of the entire cycle of designing and manufacturing a prototype in a structured environment supported by academic and industry mentors. In a fairly risk free but representative environment, teams and individuals develop key engineering skills alongside business and soft skills that will enhance their future in an engineering career.
- Develop and demonstrate technical, engineering design and manufacturing skills
- Obtain practical and rounded railway engineering skills
- Gain real-world engineering experience before stepping into a job
- Learn and practice key soft skills such as team-working and time management alongside project management, budgeting and presentation skills. Becoming better equipped for a long-lasting career in engineering
- Meet leading professionals in railway engineering and network with potential future employers.
Teams and sponsors/partners:
- Develop connections and network with like-minded people
- Observe the next generation of engineering in action
- Learn and interact with the future of railway engineering.