Renewable Strategy Engineering Prize
Best individual project competition
Prize: £1,000 - Sponsored by Renewable Strategy Limited
Awarded by the Offshore & Upstream Engineering Committee
The 2016 Renewable Strategy Engineering Prize is now open. The winner of this annual competition will be selected from the best individual project in a mechanical engineering topic related to offshore renewable energy.
This prize represents a unique opportunity, particularly for young engineers, to:
- Get noticed by presenting projects to peers, colleagues and senior managers
- Gain experience in presenting, refining communication skills
- Enhance their CV and develop competencies for CEng application
Competition entry guidelines
To be eligible, the project must contain a substantial mechanical engineering component, be an individual effort and be concerned with offshore renewable energy.
- The competition is open to students and graduate engineers of all ages - undergraduate students (BEng, BSc, MEng), postgraduates (MSc, MRes, PhD) and Industry based engineers
- Eligible candidates should submit an electronic copy of their final year thesis/report by 31 March 2018 with a covering letter describing how the report relates to mechanical engineering and offshore renewables
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to present their projects to a panel at Institution headquarters in London (date TBC)
- The final decision will be announced two weeks later with the prize formally awarded at an upcoming Offshore & Upstream Engineering Committee event (tbc)
The prize is sponsored by Renewable Strategy Limited.
Renewable Strategy Ltd (RSL) is a leading renewable energy boutique advisory firm with offices in the UK and South Africa. RSL provides innovative operational software solutions such as the RSL O&M Manager in the on and offshore wind space, currently installed as the operational maintenance tool on more then 400MW of renewable power plants. RSL core offering includes asset management of renewable plant, inspections audits and strategic advice. Powered by experience, innovation and insight.
RSL works across the renewable sector with owners, operators and supply chain partners, project developers, finance providers and government. With vast experience in high profile renewable power generation, RSL marries technical know-how with practical solutions.
Visit the Renewable Strategy Limited website.