Volunteering and Personal Development Award
If you are a member of the Institution, you can apply for financial support to help you volunteer for engineering projects and activities that assist communities and individuals worldwide.
You can also apply for financial support to help you undertake personal development activities that help others through engineering.
Activities you could do, include:
- Providing project support for a voluntary project
- Delivering STEM activities
- Supporting environmental projects and educational programmes
How much are the grants worth?
We can award grants of up to:
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for a grant you must:
- Be a member of the Institution
- Provide three references to support your application
- Your first reference must be from someone who can vouch for the programme, confirm you have accepted and give a brief outline of the criteria you had to fulfil.
- Your second reference must be from someone who can vouch for your character and suitability for an award.
- Your third reference must be from someone who can explain how an award will benefit your development as an engineer.
How do I apply?
You must submit your completed application form at least one month before the activity. We won't consider your application until we have received the three supporting references from your referees.
You can’t submit an application after the activity has taken place.
You can apply for a grant at any time during the year.
Download the online application form
Download reference form 1
Download reference form 2
Download reference form 3