Skills and continuing professional development awards
As a member of the Institution, you can apply for financial support to help you develop your skills and continue your professional development.
Our awards can help you cover the cost of courses, around the world, that help you gain special engineering experience.
Courses or activities you could do, include:
- Return to study courses
- Technical skills courses
- Foreign language courses
- Communication and presentational skills courses
- Overseas placements (which are non-compulsory placements)
- Company visits
- Specialist seminars and lectures
How much are the grants worth?
We can award grants of up to:
- £1,000 (or up to £2,000 for overseas placements)
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for a grant you must:
- Be a member of the Institution
- Provide three references to support your application
How do I apply?
You must submit your completed application form at least one month before the event. Your application will not be considered until we have received your three supporting references from your referees.
You can’t submit an application after an event or activity has taken place.
You can apply for a grant at any time during the year.
Download the online application form
Download reference form 1
Download reference form 2
Download reference form 3