Salary: Circa £50k + benefits
Location: Central London
The Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) is a world-leading professional body with nearly 115,000 members, working in ground breaking areas from sustainable energy and aerospace to Formula One and cutting-edge medical technology. These are exciting times for the Institution as we seek to harness modern technology and digital platforms, to better serve our existing membership, and to attract the next generation of engineers and members.
Crucial to achieving this vision is a Development Service Manager. This role will be pivotal to getting the most from our new range of external suppliers and our in-house technology and digital team. You will drive the delivery of a range of tasks associated with implementing the IMechE’s Digital Strategy.
Main areas of work include the following:
- Oversee web development and technology project management delivery
- Migrating to a cloud-based platform and rolling out new services to support this, alongside the outsourced partner and other third parties
- Deliver a Dynamics 365 CRM platform in various phases beginning later this year
- Support the implementation of the organisation’s digital strategy.
Key responsibilities are to:
- Manage the day to day operations of the Institution’s IT Development via various third party providers
- Adopt the role of MS Dynamics Super User and Systems Admin for the IMechE, leading business champions and super user group from across the Institution
- Work with the IT Business Manager to ensure the entire organisation is using MS Dynamics CRM to its maximum capacity, capability and efficiency
- Manage relationships with users and outsourced partners and third parties
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Current experience of Web Development products, in particular .Net
- Experience and understanding of managing outsourced web development, getting the best of the relationship and ensuring the partner meets performance requirements
- Proven project management skills to help employees and the wider Institution deliver projects and embrace new ways of working in support of the digital strategy
- Excellent communication skills to engage the Institution, establish credibility and confidence and support the delivery of the digital transformation programme
- Drive, energy and enthusiasm for motivating staff towards business change
The closing date for all applications is 22 September 2017, with interviews being held on 27 September 2017. If you are interested in applying, please email your CV and cover letter in complete confidence to email@example.com.