Intended for engineers involved at any stage of the product development process, we have designed this course to improve your ability to bring new products to market.
Using case study examples, you will examine where the process can go wrong and assess the implications of failing to meet customers’ expectations.
Upon completion, delegates will be equipped to implement practical improvements that are relevant to their own organisation to bring new products to market on time, at cost and to the required quality standard.
The course outlines both the concepts and structures needed for successful new product introduction, together with the need to establish productive, collaborative relationships between all of the functions involved.
Who should attend?
This course is intended for engineers involved at any stage of the process of bringing new products to market.
How will I benefit?
After this course you will be able to:
• Review the current status of the New Product Introduction (NPI) process in your organisation.
• Appreciate the reasons why projects go wrong and apply those to your company’s situation.
• Explain the main steps in any NPI process and the keys to success.
• Create simple structures to track progress, manage risk, highlight issues and take action.
• Identify and undertake some immediate improvement actions.
• Create a structure and an implementation plan for improving the NPI process in your organisation.
• Act as an ambassador for a better way of working in your organisation.