Intended for engineers involved at any stage of the product development process, we have designed this course to improve your ability to bring new products to market on time, on-budget, to the desired quality and environmental standards.
Using examples and cases studies from a range of organisations, delegates will examine both where the process can go wrong with implications on failing to meet both customers’ and business internal expectations. By applying the principles of high performing organisations, engineers can transform the way products are conceived, designed, developed, launched into production and serviced into the customer base.
Upon completion, delegates will be equipped to identify and implement practical improvements that are relevant to their own organisation and their respective supply chains.
The course outlines both the concepts and structures needed for successful new product introduction, together with the need to establish productive, collaborative relationships between all of the functions and partners involved.
Who should attend?
This course is intended for engineers involved at any stage of the process of bringing new products to market.
How will I benefit?
After this course you will be able to:
• Review the current status of the New Product Introduction (NPI) process in your organisation.
• Better understand the NPI and business targets which engineering will impact.
• More readily recognise and manage issues early in NPI which would otherwise develop and have significant launch consequences.
• Build better project NPI teams/alliances to increase your sphere of influence and effectiveness.
• Better validate product and processes for industrialisation.
• Create simple structures to validate potential solutions, track progress, manage risk, highlight issues and take action.
• Identify and undertake some immediate improvement actions.
• Create a structure and an implementation plan for improving the NPI process in your organisation.