All existing mentors working with Monitored Professional Development Schemes (MPDS) are encouraged to attend one of these regional seminars to develop their awareness, reinforce their understanding of the role of MPDS and update their mentoring skills.
The seminars are a great networking event for mentors, HR and training staff alike, providing an excellent opportunity for the exchange of ideas and to develop best practice and are delivered by the Institution’s Professional Development Consultants. The syndicate work involved will help you put these ideas into action in the workplace.
This course will be delivered as three 2-hour sessions using virtual classroom technology.
Who should attend?
Existing and prospective mentors, human resources and those working with the Monitored Professional Development Scheme (MPDS).
How will I benefit?
After the course you will be better informed about:
• Membership requirements.
• Classes of membership.
• The Institution and the profile of a professional engineer.
• Benefits of being recognised as an Incorporated or Chartered Engineer.
• EC Standard for Professional Engineering Competence (UK-SPEC)
• Preparing for company accreditation.
• MPDS - What it is and how it works?
• Roles and responsibilities of a mentor.
• Becoming a Member outside the MPDS.
• The Member application and the Professional Review Interview
• Continuing professional development