In this programme we provide the underpinning knowledge and build your confidence to apply product design and process FMEA at a working level.
Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA) is a dynamic planning methodology aimed at identifying and prioritising actions to avoid potential failure modes in a product, process or service.
To counteract this technique's historically bureaucratic reputation, in this course we focus on making the process structured, dynamic and simple.
The course enables you to develop products, services and processes that fully satisfy customer requirements. You will have the opportunity to complete an FMEA for a simple product/process.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable if you’re involved at a working level in the design of products, services and processes; and if you’re involved in the completion or management of FMEAs.
How will I benefit?
By the end of day 1, you will be able to:
• Understand the purpose of an FMEA and its general benefits
• Recognise the difference between a product design FMEA and a process FMEA
• Recognise the importance of a team approach to FMEA completion
• Understand how to set the scope for an FMEA project and complete a boundary diagram
• Describe the inputs into an FMEA and complete a parameter diagram
• Explain how to document an FMEA study using a standard template
• Understand guidelines for rating severity, occurrence and detection
• State how to prioritise and manage risks