Develop your skills in business and finance to increase your impact and accelerate your career.
This course is designed to provide developing engineers with a broad range of business skills to improve the impact they have in their organisation, thereby driving their career forward.
A sound understanding of business provides developing engineers with a broad range of skills to improve the impact they have in their organisation and drive their career forwards.
You will be exposed to a wide range of topics including project management, business finance, time management, understanding customers and the professional responsibilities of an engineer.
Acquiring commercial acumen often leads to better staff performance, delegation, problem solving capabilities and leadership qualities.
Giving you an overview of a number of different tools across 2 days, this course will give you a better understanding of and interaction with other areas of the business, ultimately making you more effective at work.
Who should attend?
Engineers, heading for Chartered or Incorporated status, who have graduated in the last few years, either through a Graduate Program or have gone directly into a post of technical responsibility.
How will I benefit?
• Articulate how engineering fits into the organisation structure along with the key deliverables.
• Understand project management principles. How to set up and plan a successful project utilising milestones, resource limitations and workload planning.
• Focus on what your personal “customer” needs. Identify the various customers you work with and establish their needs.
• Manage your time more effectively by setting better priorities.
• Understand the basics of finance such as budgeting and cost control.
• Use the appropriate communication medium to get your message across.