Following senior management experience at Rolls-Royce and Alstom Power, Jean moved into training and consulting in 2013. Jean has delivered training to many companies and organisations, including: NCC, Uniper, JLR, BAE Systems, Shell, Nuclear AMRC, Bristol University, University of Sheffield, DePuy, CRH and Babcock. She has also provided one-to-one coaching (for example on technical writing), mentored engineers, and can work flexibly across the spectrum of learning relationships: trainer, coach or mentor.
Coaching should be a confidential one-to-one discussion, coachee led but held to account by the coach. It should help coachees clarify their goals and intentions, understand themselves better (for example their values), identify blockages/challenges and develop practical steps to move forward.
What to expect
Coachees are expected to be honest and open, engage with the process and commit to take action. There will be reflections and/or assignments between sessions.
Anna has worked with coaching clients on a range of management, personal and career challenges, including prioritisation and planning, managing team performance, difficult relationships, work life balance, realising career ambitions, and having confidence and success in new roles.
Engaged, honest, listening and practical
Project Management · Engineering · Management & Leadership · R & D
Qualifications and memberships
- Master of Business Administration – Warwick Business School
- Bachelor Technology, Honours Degree Mechanical Engineering - Loughborough University
- Chartered Engineer - Fellow of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- Chartered Manager – Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute
- Foundation Diploma in Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) – The Association for Professional Coaching
- Certificate in Personal Coaching training – The Coaching Academy