If your income is below or around £16,000 per annum you may qualify for a reduced subscription. In addition, you may also qualify for a reduced subscription if any of the following situations apply to you, depending on any income amounts:
- Currently on maternity or paternity leave
- Taking a break from work to be the primary carer for young (pre-school age) children
- Taking a break from work to care for a relative
- Taking a break from work due to an illness
- Working outside the UK as a volunteer
- Serving in the military outside the UK.
Please note that a voluntary career break (e.g. to travel or to renovate property) would not normally meet the criteria for a reduced subscription. This would only be considered in exceptional circumstances which would need to be fully explained and supported by evidence in the application.