Who we are
Thermofluids has two primary sections:
- thermodynamics (the flow or conversion of heat energy into other forms)
- fluid dynamics (how fluids move and the forces on them).
Thermofluids Group also covers instrumentation, such as high-response miniature probes and non-intrusive optical techniques such as particle image velocimetry.
Industries or disciplines covered
- Fluid mechanics of energy transfer processes
- Fluid mechanics of turbomachinery
- Computational fluid dynamics
- Heat exchange systems
- Measurement of heat and flow
- Thermodynamic cycle developments
- Provide a focus and network to identify and promote the key developments in the area
- Provide a programme of events which promotes technology transfer, the exchange of information and the spread of understanding and best practice
- Enhance the perception and respect for engineering and the continuing professional development of engineers.