This Yellow Belt programme gives you a solid understanding of Six Sigma principles and methods, and enables you to apply best practice tools confidently.
Six Sigma seeks to improve the quality of process outputs by identifying and eliminating the causes of errors (defects) and then minimising variability in the process, both to improve existing products/processes and to design new ones.
It is a disciplined, data-driven approach centred on the implementation of a disciplined set of quality management methods. It is often supported by the development of skilled Six Sigma experts within an organisation, who understand and can implement these methods.
Classification of the skill level of the experts is often mapped across to Yellow Belt, Green Belt and Black Belt levels. It provides a foundation for further development in Six Sigma at all levels up to Master Black Belt and also complements the Lean overview course.
We award the Yellow Belt certification from the Institution to delegates who successfully complete all three elements of the programme:
1. Attendance of two days of training
2. Completion of a work-based project
3. Successful completion of the post-course Yellow Belt assessment test
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for engineers who are about to embark on a programme of improving their business or manufacturing processes, and wish to gain an understanding of the basic principles of Six Sigma to support this activity.
It may also suit engineers who wish to refresh and update their knowledge and understanding of the Six Sigma methodology and the tools and techniques it uses.
How will I benefit?
After attending this course you will be able to:
• Understand the fundamentals of Six Sigma and Design for Six Sigma
• Recognise best practice deployment of Six Sigma
• Select and apply appropriate Six Sigma methodologies to deliver robust, defect-free products and processes
• Use the full suite of Yellow Belt tools
• Select and scope a suitable Yellow Belt project
• Set-up and manage a Yellow Belt project in a team-based environment
• Plan the next step of your Lean Six Sigma learning journey
• Project selection and scoping
• Project management and reporting