Meet the challenges of remote working and get the best from your virtual teams.
This masterclass is delivered over four 90-minute virtual classrooms (VCs) and will equip you with the skills and tools to successfully manage virtual teams. The VCs provide a highly practical perspective on one of today's most pressing business issues: how to lead in a complex, cross-border, multicultural and virtual environment.
You will explore what it takes to be a successful global leader and learn how to build a cohesive virtual team. By focusing on key issues, such as communication and international culture, you will develop new skillsets based on best practise models and tools. You will learn how to positively interact with virtual team members and provide leadership, specifically ‘how to lead change in a remote environment’.
Finally, this masterclass will provide you with a chance to learn from the experiences of others facing similar, current challenges as well as reflecting on your own, and share best practice.
A month after your Masterclass has finished, you will have the opportunity to join the rest of the group for an optional hour to discuss successes, challenges and best practice. Bring your current issues to the table during this 60-minute session, and let the group, facilitated by an expert business coach and trainer, guide your thinking towards strategic, innovative solutions.
An opportunity to reflect on how far you have come and focus in on what changes and tweaks still need to take place for you to reach your goals.
To support your business and career development, this masterclass includes two 60-minute coaching sessions, which will run once a week following the course. The aim is to support you in embedding what you have learnt and the insights gained directly into your team and the wider business.
This is a unique opportunity to discuss any issues you’re currently facing with an experienced business coach, who will guide your thinking, strategy and actions to ensure your learning experience has a direct impact on the bottom line.
How does the masterclass work?
It will be delivered over four virtual classrooms (VCs), plus an optional clinic, which will take place a month after the last VC, for attendees to discuss successes, challenges and best practice:
- VC 1: Understanding remote interactions
- VC 2: The importance of culture
- VC 3: Managing change
- VC 4: Critical communication skills for virtual managers
- Two business coaching sessions
- Masterclass clinic (optional)
The time between sessions allows you to absorb the ideas and reflect on the lessons learned before the next workshop. Any questions you have will be answered before we develop your thinking with further learning. The VCs are highly engaging and participative, modelling best practise in remote working. This means that learning will take place on a number of levels.
Who should attend?
Line managers supporting remote teams, leaders without line management responsibility leading virtual teams (for example project managers), and those who will be moving into a virtual leadership role.
How will I benefit?
- Better understand the challenges that working remotely presents and have the tools to communicate and leverage the available technology to your advantage
- Have a framework for understanding cultural differences between and a strategy for getting the best from both the differences and similarities
- Understand the differences between building a remote team and a co-located team and which tools will support you in getting the best from your virtual teams
- Recognise people’s natural responses to change in a multicultural, virtual world, and understand how best to navigate challenging situations
- Have a set of strategies for successfully implementing change within virtual teams