Project Management Professional (PMP) is an industry-recognised certification for project managers.
Globally recognised and demanded, the PMP credential demonstrates that you have the experience, education and competency to successfully lead and direct projects.
The PMP® certification is renowned throughout the world. Part of that marketability comes from the prestige of PMI® certifications; achieving the globally recognised Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification will provide evidence of an individual’s knowledge, experience and ability to successfully manage a project.
Who should attend?
The PMP credential recognises demonstrated competence in leading and directing project teams. Experienced project managers should consider this qualification to consolidate their skills and allow them to demonstrate and be recognised as capable project managers.
If you wish to take the PMP exam, PMI does require that you either hold:
- A four-year degree (Bachelor’s or the global equivalent) and at least three years of project management experience, with 4,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education, or
- A secondary diploma (high school or the global equivalent) with at least five years of project management experience, with 7,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education.
You also have to apply to the Project Management Institute (PMI) before you can sit the exam. There’s a strict protocol as they have to authenticate that the above criteria has been met prior to exam attendance.
How will I benefit?
At the conclusion of the course students will:
- Have sufficient knowledge and understanding to work as an informed member of a project team undertaking a variety of project management roles
- Be able to examine and analyse the inputs, tools and techniques of the processes and knowledge areas of the PMBOK® Guide
- Be prepared for the PMP examination having completed the required 35 contact hours
- Be able to describe each process group and knowledge area of the PMBOK® Guide.
About the Project Management Professional (PMP)®
Please note, this eLearning programme will prepare you to sit the PMP examination which is organised directly with PMI at an additional cost.
Price: £460 + VAT (a 10% discount is available to members of the Institution)