APM Project Fundamentals Qualification (PFQ) is an introduction to project management and offers a fundamental awareness of project management for those wishing to gain a broad understanding of the principles of the profession.
Participants will gain an understanding of the project life cycle, critical success factors and communication skills required to make a positive contribution within projects. The emphasis is on practical tools for managing projects effectively and is suitable for anyone working in a project environment or seeking to work in projects.
All participants will undertake the online exam in the classroom on the final day of the course. In order to sit the exam, you will be required to bring a laptop with you.
Who should attend?
This programme is suitable for engineers at all levels.
How will I benefit?
After the course you will be able to:
• Use a structured framework for managing projects.
• Gain clarity at the outset of a project.
• Identify and agree key success criteria.
• Communicate with and manage the needs of different stakeholders.
• Plan projects using a range of planning tools.
• Manage risks effectively.
• Monitor and control project progress.
The APM Project Fundamentals Qualification (PFQ) syllabus assesses the key elements of the project management lifecycle and covers 27 knowledge areas from the APM Body of Knowledge 7th edition including:
• Planning and scheduling.
• Resource management.
• Project risk management.
• Project reviews.