The aim of this course is to provide an overview of the principles and practice for leading engineering projects in a multi-project, multi-task environment.
This course addresses the challenges engineers face when managing projects. The programme is delivered by project management experts and includes practical project management tools and techniques with an emphasis on the technical and commercial aspects.
The course incorporates practical sessions and case studies to ensure you have the opportunity to apply the tools and techniques being presented.
Who should attend?
This programme is suitable for existing or aspiring project managers who wish to improve their ability to achieve their project goals by acquiring best practice tools and techniques.
How will I benefit?
After this course you will be able to:
• Deploy a structured framework for your projects.
• Apply a range of practical tools and techniques to help scope, plan and deliver engineering projects well.
• Create realistic project schedules.
• Generate effective project documentation.
• Understand the roles and responsibilities in a project environment.
• Monitor and communicate project status effectively.
• Manage project risks, issues and changes.
• Use the language of project management.
• Gain confidence in applying project management techniques in a engineering context.