This course has been designed to provide a high level foundation to the principles and practices of systems engineering.
This course content is aligned with the systems engineering – Standing ISO 15288 and the associated INCOSE systems engineering handbook.
Systems engineering is an interdisciplinary approach and means to enable the realisation of successful systems. This course provides an introduction and overview of the processes required for successful systems engineering delivery on projects.
Who should attend?
This programme is suitable for engineers and non-engineers at all levels.
How will I benefit?
After the course you will be able to:
• Define systems engineering in accordance with the Incose Systems Engineering Handbook.
• Understand the systems engineering approach and scope.
• Identify the key systems engineering models and have a basic understanding of them.
• Assess the applicability of the methodology to an engineering programme.
• Understand the importance and role of stakeholders throughout the approach.
• Assess the potential benefits of the approach when applied to an engineering project.
• Understand the cost element of systems engineering.