This course will provide you with an appreciation of electrical engineering principles and the ability to interact effectively with colleagues regarding electrical issues.
Within the course you will have the opportunity to analyse basic electrical components and their features and benefits.
You will also gain an understanding of your responsibilities in the context of Electricity at Work regulations.
This is a virtual classroom based course, delivered online.
Session 1: Electrical fundamentals
Session 2: Electrical safety and types of electrical components
Session 3: Motors and motor controls
Session 4: Protection devices & electrical regulations
View face to face version
Verified by an engineer, Ashvinder Kalsi
"I was thinking to myself, ‘Am I too old to be doing this?’ But as the other delegates turned up, I could see there was a real mixture of experience and ages. There were no two people from the same industry…. There were only 12 of us but it was a brilliant mix."
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for engineers and non-engineers at all levels.
How will I benefit?
After the course you will be able to:
• Understand the basic concepts of electrical engineering
• Appreciate your responsibilities under current health and safety legislation
• Understand the terminology used in electrical engineering
• Appreciate the dangers and safety procedures associated with electrical engineering
• Effectively converse on electrical topics with electrical personal
• Develop your own understanding of electrical systems in your work environment