At the best of times, becoming and being a parent can be a challenge as well as a joy. With continued pressures caused by the pandemic and the wider world situation, at Support Network we have expanded our service offerings to help Institution members with pre-school, school-age and older teenage children have access to a wealth of useful advice and support to help – and we can help grandparents too.
We are delighted to be working with NEST to provide free and confidential support to parents and grandparents with any parenting and family queries.
Through NEST we can offer Members, and their family, a parenting helpline where they can ask any questions, on a wide range of topics including pregnancy & birth, single parenting, shared parenting, teenage challenges, ‘empty nest’ issues. These one-off sessions through the helpline work like a trouble shooting or fact-finding exercise which enables individuals to decide how they wish to proceed.
Additionally, for more detailed challenges NEST can also provide short-term coaching support (up to 6 sessions) to help facilitate meaningful work and change taking place. This support would be built around the particular need, and areas they frequently support with include:
- Maternity & paternity
- Pregnancy and birth
If you are interested in accessing this service please contact us: via firstname.lastname@example.org ; +44 (0)20 7304 6816 or +44 (0) 7552 669 160.
We can also provide help and assistance with:
- Maternity/paternity rights advice
- Advice and support for new dads
- Impact on finances, budgeting, planning advice
- New baby and ‘breathing space’ grants
- Anticipating and returning to work per se or finding a new job
- Rights on returning to work eg flexible working
- Impact on confidence and self-esteem per se and/or re work
- Postnatal depression
- First-time parent befriending support
- Health and disability advice
- Autism and dyslexia support
- Support for grandparents
- ADHD and dyspraxia assessment costs support
A Company Limited by Guarantee (Company No.130981)
Registered Office: 3 Birdcage Walk, London SW1H 9JJ
Registered Charity No. 209465