The Finance Board was set up in October 2019 as a result of the recommendations from the Finance and Governance Review Committees. It contains both internal and external members with high levels of financial and business expertise.
The overall purpose of the board is to assist the Trustee Board in its duty to supervise the broad direction of the IMechE’s financial affairs.
The PEP Ltd Board is a sub-committee of the board and reports back on its activities at every Finance Board meeting. The board meets generally eight to ten times per year to discuss the financial activities of the IMechE. A report on its activities is provided after every meeting to the Trustee Board.
This is your opportunity to gain further experience as part of your continued professional development as an observer on the Finance Board, which is a crucial part of IMechE’s governance.
To be considered for this volunteer role, you will need to be a Young Member of the Institution, under 30 years of age, and meet the requirements outlined in the role description.
Whilst you will not be part of the formal decision making of the board you will gain experience in:
1. Commercial finance.
2. Constructively challenging projects and strategy.
3. Teamworking in a commercial environment, learning how to consider other opinions and to promote corporate decisions.
4. Enhancement of your interpersonal skills, through observing how to influence others.
5. Financial analysis and communications.
6. Strategic awareness and understanding of the IMechE, its challenges and opportunities.
We look forward to receiving your application.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE AT 23:59HRS (BST) ON 16 JUNE 2023.
Applications to join the Finance Board are now open.
How to apply:
- Submit your online application by 23:59HRS (BST) on 16 June 2023.
*If you have not used Webrecruit to apply for an IMechE role before, you will need to register a new account as the Webrecruit system is separate to your online IMechE member account.
Your application will be acknowledged and reviewed by the Nominations Committee.
If you have any questions about the application process or would like to discuss the online application form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.