Student of the Year competition
Successful applications will be projects that will demonstrate all key aspects of mechatronics, mechanics, control and their integration to create a working prototype with a practical outcome. Novelty of idea and original thinking will be particularly rewarded.
- The competition is open to students who, at the time of entry are on a first-degree course at a university located within the United Kingdom. Students who graduated in 2022 or entering the final year of their degree programme (MEng, BEng or MSc) in the summer of 2022 are eligible to enter the competition (includes those graduating in 2023 and those with student projects being carried out this year for completion by June 2023).
- There are no restrictions on gender, age or nationality.
- An official entry form must be accompanied by 1) Project Report and 2) Project Supervisor’s Citation.
- A panel of judges consisting of practising engineers and academics will assess the entries and produce a short list of three to five applicants.
- The judges will look for application of mechatronics philosophy to a specific engineering problem, economically feasible solutions in terms of its application, excellent research and development practices and final presentations.
- The decision of the judges will be final and will not be subject to appeal. All entrants must agree to be bound by them. Neither the judges nor the organisers are obliged to give any reason for their judgements, or enter into any correspondence with the entrants or their representatives.
- Shortlisted students will be required to make a presentation of no more than 15 minutes plus questions, before the judges and an invited audience at the IMechE headquarters in London in 19 October 2023. The purpose of the presentations is to enable the judges to get a more detailed understanding of the students’ projects.
- Shortlisted students, their supervisors plus two personal guests of the student will be invited to attend.
Care and return of material
- The organisers cannot accept responsibility for entries or other items that are lost or damaged. Entries and any accompanying material will not normally be returned.
Value of award
Closing date: Entries must be submitted on or before Friday 8 September 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org
An official entry form must accompany all entries.
Download Poster and Application Form
For enquires contact email@example.com