The Railway Challenge, organised by our Railway Division, provides a brilliant opportunity for aspiring teams to compete in yet another challenging industry-specific competition, showcasing their skills, expertise, knowledge, and business acumen.
Each annual Challenge cycle kicks-off in October, ending with a final event in late June/early July of the following year.
The Challenge, now in its eleventh successive year, continues to bring together teams of university students, as well as apprentices and graduates working in industry across the world to test their business knowledge, design ability and technical skills in a live test environment.
Railway Challenge 2022 is proudly sponsored by Angel Trains, Network Rail, RSSB, Young Rail Professionals, Beacon Rail Leasing and the Pamela and David Rollin Foundation.
Railway Challenge News
Get in touch
Have a question? Would like to get involved?
- Inspiring and developing the next generation of professional engineers
- Challenge News
- Integration with university curriculum or graduate scheme
- Funding support
- 2022 Team registration
- 2022 Teams and funding support
- Competition documents for 2022 entrants
- Key dates
- Site plans
- Getting to the event
- Venue facilities
- Venue site plan
- Meet talented engineers with the most promise
- Be part of a competition that drives and supports innovation.
- Lists of results
- Photos and videos from previous years' events.
Challenge Sponsors and Partners