The Design Challenge gives first and second year undergraduates a taste of the ‘real world’ of engineering, challenging them to design, create, present and run a device to a strict technical specification.
The Challenge enables participants to gain real-industry experience, practical employability skills and enhanced business and people skills, all within a set time frame. It is intended to complement the academic curriculum and is used by participants towards their projects.
Currently, we have competitions taking place in UK, China, Pakistan and UAE. We are interested in expanding to more regions or countries of the World. If you are interested please get in touch at email@example.com.
- 15 November 2021 - Registrations open
- 31 January 2022 - Registrations close
- February 2022 to March 2022 - Curricular teams build their prototypes and compete with other teams in internal university qualifiers. The winners qualify to compete at the regional finals
Extracurricular teams qualify for the regional final automatically
- April 2022 to May 2022 - Regional finals currently take place in the following UK regions: GLR, Midlands, North East, North West, Wessex & Yorkshire. The regional winners are invited to compete in the national finals.
- October 2022 - National Final takes place and the Grand Champion of the Design Challenge is awarded
The IMechE would like to extend the Design Challenge to other UK regions and if you would like to have your region involved, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more: