If you are a Member of the Institution, we can provide grants to help you attend conferences around the world, either as a speaker or a delegate. These grants are provided under the Thomas Andrew Common Grants scheme.
How much are the grants worth?
We can award grants of up to:
- £2,000 to conference speakers
- £1,500 to conference delegates.
Who can apply?
To be eligible for a grant you must:
- Be a Member of the Institution
- Be able to explain the standing of each conference and how you think attending the event will make an important contribution to your development as an engineer
- Provide three references to support your application.
Your application must be supported by three referees. The choice of referees should ensure they can support your application and provide the following required information:
- Two of the referees should be able to vouch for your practical and theoretical training and experience; these may include a social reference/employer reference, if appropriate.
- The third reference should support the proposed programme of work.
In the case of Conference Travel Grants, only one reference may be a co-author of paper/presentation if attending a conference.
The referees should preferably be Members of the Institution.
How do I apply?
You must submit your completed application form at least one month before the event. Your application will not be considered until we have received your three supporting references from your referees.
You can’t submit an application after an event has taken place.
You can apply for a grant at any time during the year.