We have designed this practical course to support anyone needing to create, compile, edit or manage technical documents.
Anyone involved in technical work will quickly discover the challenges presented when trying to communicate their ideas, information, proposals or recommendations to others. All too often, the impact of many hours of work can hinge on the ability to explain the results quickly and effectively to others.
This practical, one-day face to face course or virtual option is designed to present the key principles of technical document creation and explain how to make the task as simple as possible using tools and techniques to improve the quality and reduce the time needed to produce effective technical documents.
Verified by an engineer, Jacob Holt, EngTech MIMechE
"I could get information down, but the structure was taking so much time and I needed to consider the objectives of the reader a lot more. My writing is more concise and the whole process is much slicker than before."
This is a classroom based course, delivered face to face.
View virtual version
Who should attend?
This programme is suitable for engineers and non-engineers at all levels but is particularly useful for those new to report writing in a business context.
How will I benefit?
After the course you will be able to:
• Define and agree the purpose of the report.
• Have a clear understanding of the needs of your readers.
• Design a document structure to effectively get your message across.
• Identify the necessary content and have an appropriate layout.
• Use a number of readily available tools to assist with report writing.
• Edit more competently and eliminate avoidable mistakes.
• Adopt a clear and concise writing style and measure it using Microsoft statistics.
• Reference and quote correctly, and not infringe copyright.