This practical and engaging course will provide a solid understanding of statistical process control (SPC) principles and methods, and enable you to apply the appropriate SPC chart to your processes in order to monitor performance.
The course is suitable for anyone who wants to learn when and how to respond to alerts regarding process key performance indicators; is responsible to managing or monitoring performance; or who needs to implement SPC in their organisation.
Who should attend?
This course is intended for engineers and engineering managers who are responsible for monitoring and managing key performance indicators and wish to use more accurate methods to determine when and how to react.
How will I benefit?
After the course you will be able to:
- Understand the difference between process capability and process stability
- Understand the fundamentals of SPC
- Understand the different types of data
- Understand the importance of Normality
- Select appropriate SPC charts for the situation
- Create SPC charts
- Interpret SPC charts correctly
- Know when and how to respond to out of control symptoms
- Understand how SPC can give ‘early warning’ signals before issues arise
- Use your own data to create SPC charts