Employ maintenance plans and resources adequately, cost-effectively and reduce business risk.
The course concentrates on the development and application of maintenance plans and procedures that are optimised from the aspects of maintenance resources, costs and risk to the organisation.
The aim is to provide a thorough understanding of reliability centred and risk based approaches to machinery, equipment and system maintenance so that these can be applied within the delegate’s organisation, providing benefits including improved reliability, consistency and reduced maintenance and repair costs.
Methods that can be used to investigate and appraise asset condition and devise the most appropriate follow on actions are also explored along with the metrics required to measure and monitor asset reliability and maintenance performance.
Practical examples, guidelines and checklists will be provided as part of the course documentation
This course will be delivered in 3 virtual classrooms (VCs) of 4 hours each.
VC 1: Risk based principles
- Introduction to RCM and Risk based maintenance principles
- Identifying and mitigating asset risks
- Identify asset importance and criticality
VC 2: Carrying out risk based analysis
- Risk based machinery maintenance analysis
- Carrying out risk based analysis
VC 3: Developing and improving plans
- Developing risk based maintenance plans
- Machinery condition appraisal and risk based inspections
- Critical spares and parks categorisation
- Continuously improving maintenance plans
- Course review and assessment of learning
Who should attend?
Engineering, asset, maintenance and reliability managers and aspiring managers working within or supporting manufacturing, industrial, utilities or commercial sectors with responsibility for the application and improvement of maintenance plans and procedures.
The course is particularly supportive of asset intensive organisations with business critical operational assets.
How will I benefit?
After the course you will be able to:
- Understand risk based and reliability centred analysis approach, tools and techniques
- Develop a risk based maintenance strategy and recommend the most appropriate approach for your organisation
- Select and apply the most appropriate and practical risk based tools and techniques in order to establish optimised maintenance plans.
- Lead and inspire your reliability and maintenance team to embrace risk based approaches
- Develop asset condition appraisal tools and systems and apply them within your organisation
- Develop and use performance management through the application of relevant metrics and KPI’s for maintenance and reliability