Identify and address unsustainable processes and maximise opportunities for sustainable competitive advantage and customer engagement within your organisation.
After this course, you will be able to raise new ideas and recommend improvements to senior management and encourage ‘sustainable thinking’ among your colleagues, using sustainable methodologies.
KPMG’s Benchmarking Innovation Impact Report 2020 highlights the importance of crafting the right strategy and breaking through the barriers in organisations - one of many questions we seek to answer in this interactive course.
How can we ensure that today's engineers are involved in the strategic conversations where decisions for sustainable solutions are made and implemented as part of a systems thinking approach? Is it possible to create environments that ensure tomorrow’s engineers have the tools and opportunities to apply sustainable thinking to global challenges, in clean energy, healthcare, transport and agriculture?
Pre-COVID19, organisations were already facing multiple complex challenges, now, with the added pressures of uncertainty, how do we continue to innovate and demonstrate sustainable outcomes and benefits? We clearly need collective resilience, but this alone is not enough. Making tough decisions and applying them with shared understanding is essential.
During this course, we will examine the thinking styles and tools that are needed to respond to sustainable global imperatives. We will also explore principles of sustainable design and how they can align to design for manufacturability, and discuss sustainable innovation and implementation and the importance of life cycle analysis (LCA).
This course will be delivered using interactive virtual classroom technology. It comprises of two 3-hour virtual classrooms (VC).
VC 1: Principles of Sustainability
- The importance of Sustainability in an engineering context
- Understanding the competitive advantage and customer engagement opportunities of sustainable processes
- Exploring and testing the principles of sustainable design for engineer
VC2: Applying Sustainable Practices
- Developing the ability to apply key resources, tools and thinking to create best practice
- Connecting ideas to measurable actions
- Embedding sustainable processes in your workplace
Who should attend?
- Want to be part of a bigger conversation about our future
- Need tools and resources to drive sustainable thinking
- Are looking to become involved in global strategic conversations
- Want to learn how to collaborate and engage in diverse cultural environments
How will I benefit?
- Assess the business case for engineering a sustainable future
- Recognising the difference skills needs for incremental, adjacent and transformational innovation
- Understand the circular economy and what it means to engineers today
- Demonstrate your knowledge of the design for manufacture process and align this to engineering sustainable design practice