Understand the requirements for pressure testing of piping systems and learn about the whole pressure test process from planning to execution and record keeping.
Pressure testing is an important non-destructive examination technique, required by most piping codes for new, repaired or modified piping.
Pressure testing ensures that the fabrication and installation has been carried out correctly and is safe for operation, however, the pressure test itself can be a major risk if not properly planned and executed.
This course aims to inform those responsible for pressure testing about the process so that they can plan and carry out the testing in a safe manner.
You will learn about why testing is important, as well as the types of testing, equipment and documentation that are used for tests. The whole process is covered, from planning and preparing to carrying out the test and post-test activities.
Verified by an engineer, Paul Worley
"We now know how to test our equipment safely and are confident the equipment we produce is safe. We also want to be able to do our own in-house testing in the future. We now have strategies of how to do that."
This is a classroom based course, delivered face to face.
View virtual version
How will I benefit?
After attending this course you will be able to:
- Identify pressure test requirements
- Know which regulations relate to pressure testing and where to find them
- Understand the difference between hydrotest and pneumatic test
- Understand risks and hazards associated with pressure testing and identify suitable mitigation
- Understand and identify test equipment
- Plan and execute a safe pressure test
- Create test documentation
- Identify equipment required for the test