This course aims to provide engineers with an overview of basic supply chain principles and concepts.
It will enable you to identify potential opportunities for reducing costs, risks and adding value across the supply chain. This could include reducing inventory, procurement, transport and storage costs.
The course is intended to empower you to be able to collaborate with all key stakeholders across the supply chain to achieve full optimisation and to support engineering projects and activities.
This is a proactive, participative and delegate-centred course with emphasis on the practical application of the tools, techniques and templates learned.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for engineers who have direct or indirect responsibility for the effective management of supply chains, including members of supply chain management, procurement, contracting, transport and logistics groups, project managers or finance.
How will I benefit?
After the course you will be able to:
- Appreciate the importance of the supply chain as competitive advantage
- Understand the various types of supply chains and approaches to their management
- Understand the tools and techniques available to improve supply chain performance
- Analyse and mitigate risks across the supply chain
- Identify opportunities for improvements in their respective supply chains
- Understand the need for the pro-active management of the supply chain
- Appreciate the complexities of local and global supply chains