Have you been made redundant or fear losing your job and need a new plan to earn extra money? Do you want to start your own business and are struggling to find reliable information, feel overwhelmed and aren’t sure what to prioritise?
During this structured training, you will receive useful tips, tried and tested tools and advice based on the trainer’s own start-up experiences. This is your opportunity to learn the important things you need to know when launching a business, so you focus on the most important actions that deliver the most impactful results, minimise mistakes and quickly increase revenue.
According to the Office for National Statistics, UK claimant count for job-seekers allowance and benefits increased 69% since April 2020, with engineering job losses set to increase, particularly with the end of the Government’s Job Retention Scheme. It can be difficult to know where to turn for help and the best way to find your next job.
Why not start your own business?
Which is exactly what our trainer did when he was made redundant in one of the worst oil downturns in history, facing a similar dilemma to the one many are facing now. If it’s a case of finding a new job that you might not completely enjoy, for perhaps less money, why not look at your options? With a little help, you too could own and start a business of your own, run it how you see fit, work in an industry or sector you truly enjoy and have the flexibility to manage your own time and income.
By not compromising, our trainer now directs and owns a successful engineering business has become the Chair for the Institution of Mechanical Engineers Scottish Region and gains immense personal satisfaction from his work.
To support your transition into working for yourself, we have put together a structured course, leading you logically through four proven, simple stages – and delivering tips, tools, advice and strategies to get you off to a fast start:
: Create a PLAN. Decide what you are going to do and what you need to focus on.
: Take ACTION. Design the business and set yourself up for success by getting the fundamentals right.
: LAUNCH and get FEEDBACK. Tell the world you are open for business and ready to deliver.
: REFINE and GROW. Make changes to improve your business and grow your sales and connections.
This course includes a free copy of the course tutor's 5* amazon reviewed business book 'Start your business in 4 steps' which accompanies this course.
This course will be delivered using interactive using virtual classroom (VC) technology. It comprises of:
- Four 90-minute VCs, each providing you with steps 1-4 including clear instructions for the week ahead, a chance to ask questions and share experiences
- Two 30-minute one-to-one coaching sessions with the trainer to discuss your progress and plan next steps
Optional coaching add on of 3 x 60-minute coaching sessions is included in this price which are arranged directly with the trainer after the course has taken place. These aim to keep you on track by embedding the the 4-step process as well as other tools and insights you have gained.
This is a unique opportunity to discuss your business plan with our trainer who will guide your thinking, strategy and actions to ensure your learning experience has a direct impact on your success.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone who:
- Is concerned about the possibility of redundancy and seeking a backup plan
- Has been made redundant or let go and is thinking of starting a business
- Wants to become a consultant, coach, freelancer, sole trader, limited company, or sell products or services
- Has recently started a business (limited company, partners and sole traders) and needs a clear route map which avoids the pitfalls and overwhelm and delivers a clear and proven plan for success.
How will I benefit?
- Learn from a business owner and trainer who has started their business in challenging times and turned it into a success
- Create and clarify your reason for starting a business and define your objectives
- Develop your business strategy and launch plan using a step-by-step process
- Gain helpful insights personalised to your own business and potential challenges
- Receive high-value and relevant links to important information, ensuring that you only focus on what you need to make excellent progress.