Explore the fundamentals of HVAC design, including main system components, calculations and design considerations.
Assuming understanding of basic thermo and fluid dynamics, this course:
- focuses on the design calculations, regulatory requirements and practicalities of the design development;
- covers various functions that HVAC serves;
- reviews the main components of the system;
- presents practical ways to carry out design calculations for sizing the system and key components;
- provides practical solutions to optimise system design for installation, operation and maintenance.
During the course, delegates will be given an overview of the refrigeration cycle frequently used in HVAC applications, as well as some key considerations regarding the choice of refrigerant, system layout and physical requirements.
Examples of industrial HVAC applications from manufacturing, process, offshore and nuclear sectors will also be reviewed, considering several factors such as fire safety, contamination and corrosion.
Unlike several courses available on the market that focus on residential/commercial property (offices, retail centres), this course focuses on industrial ventilation for factories, offshore platforms, ships and power plants.
Delivered using virtual classroom technology.
Who should attend?
Engineers, Designers and Project Managers responsible for the design, specification, operation and maintenance of HVAC systems and wishing to increase their understanding of the design process.
How will I benefit?
- Appreciate the design lifecycle of HVAC systems
- Understand the regulations and standards applicable to HVAC
- Calculate cooling and heating loads
- Carry out sizing calculations for ducts
- Carry out back pressure calculations
- Select fans based on system resistance and flow requirements
- Read HVAC drawings
- Understand maintenance requirements of ventilation systems
- Set out an efficient process for ventilation design
- Specify key components of the ventilation system
- Optimise system design for installation, operation and maintenance